Thursday, March 10, 2011

"With her hands on her hips Oh and that smile on her lips"

"troof # 3 (for k. # 2)

i'd tell yer life were hard if ya didn't alread know
and i'll whisper lessons learned in songs to our children
mixed with the secret troofs from my history, my silent past
shortly after i tatoo hearts over my scars
as i memorize each thing that makes you smile

you listened to me ramble about the roadside graves
because you love me, then you shut me up with a kiss
and i apologized for nothin', but i started to count
every second with you, i don't wanna forget a one
i just want to dance, i just want you to know

and we're back in your bed, and i can't hold you close enough
and i can't explain my pride or how you light my life
but i can see my life with you before us like a river
and i can see the way you'll look twenty years from here
if you want me i'll be for you, and if you tell me, i'll be what you need

I started going with something experimental, but dropped it pretty quickly. I swear I'm trying to write about other stuff, but life is too good right for me to be miserable. Fucking hell. I'm on a Springsteen kick. Maybe that'll help.

No comments:

Post a Comment