Sunday, March 3, 2013

"But our silence was a concern.."

This is brand new. I'm very fond of it. It's in my usual disjointed, verses seemingly barely connected style. The verses are of course very much connected, but per usual, only I know how. If you can guess where the title came from, you win a prize. Really, it shouldn't be that hard..






“damned damned damned”

a shot of heartache hit me like the sun
it broke up the monotony
 i had been happy for a while
it reminded me to shake my fist at the sky
to get mad at nothing
because that’s all that matters

i make jokes behind your back
because you’re no longer around,
but your presence remains
if i missed you as much as i want to miss you
i wouldn’t be writing, i’d be crippled on the floor
i wept for your benefit, not my own

i hope for new accidents
for things to suddenly get exciting again
that small moment
 before the cracks start to appear
is the only moment i want to live in
even still, that moment might not exist

you never think about
how fragile finite things are
even after you’ve seen a few things broken
but those memories recede, just
long enough for you to hurt yourself again
but maybe if beauty didn’t end in tragedy, it wouldn’t be any fun

No comments:

Post a Comment