Sunday, January 9, 2011

first poem '11

"for for for"

if you wear that dress tonight
i'll be yours as long as you ask
let the past lie as it's buried
i've waited for this
i knew you'd be here, eventually

sacrifice my urges for yours
call you when you need me to
my impressions of you will be as you wish them
you calm me when i'm shaking
i can only be better if you let me

your ever pertinent smile
is the sun i wear when it's raining
cut me, before i'm dependent
or, i'll be a slave for your touch
and, i'll only eat for you

but, if you want these things, i'm able
you can take them
pin them to your chest like a prize
wear your hair down, and put that dress back on
carve your name across my soul, and plant a flower there

The impetus of this was me thinking about someone I know. The rest is fiction. It isn't very good, and I had to drag it out of myself, which rarely yields great things. This is the time of year I don't write much poetry.
I'm fascinated by how people become so utterly dependent on other people.It probably shows up a lot in my stuff, but stuff I don't understand tends to crop up a lot when I write.

1 comment:

  1. just remember
    what it looks like inside
    is not always visible
    striking chords depends
    on the resolve of the interior

    ReplyDelete