Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Now i was 18/out there on the block/Selling drugs/With a gun at my waist/And for people I had no love

My current goal is to put something new up here every two weeks or so. I'm trying to write at least one new thing a week so that should give me enough to hold onto. I like to hold onto a few that no one has seen. This poem isn't great. It's actually pretty stereotypical Whitelaw. If you've read a lot of my stuff you've seen these themes over and again. Aw well.


“insufficient data”
do i wish that i was never born?
i don’t know what the alternative would have been
i don’t have enough information
to make an informed decision

do i wish that i was dead?
not right now, things are okay
but that could change
at any moment

the frailty of existence
tempts me into low times
but i’ve heard that there are better things
than being sad and alone

i might investigate that theory any day now
 or not, and I’ll stay where I’m sitting
as i’ve done for years
bleeding ink like tears onto paper, or into nowhere

No comments:

Post a Comment