Saturday, April 3, 2021

Scripture/prince is god

"We can dance if we want to We can leave your friends behind 'Cause your friends don't dance And if they don't dance Well they're no friends of mine"


This is a love poem about no one in particular. I'm in love with no one.


I've only been involved with one gril since the gril in 2019. I've been seeing her on and off for like a year. When I first started hanging out with her a dear old friend warned me not to fall in love.


The girl in question just told me the same thing this past February: "ag! I'm no one to fall in love with. " So I've kind of held my heart in reserve for her, even though I know it's probably useless.




"the safety dance (sad bastard remix)"


if we kiss there will be music playing

there always is

sound breaks confusion


if there's music

there should be dancing

my friends must dance

"the safety dance" is law


maybe we could be balloons

and drive out the shock

with bass drums and electric guitars


if i close my eyes

at anytime, i hear music

but i don't hear what i want to hear most

the sound of your breathing





*********

this next thing I'm only going to post the first verse of. it's unlikely the person the rest of poem is obviously about will ever see this I'm not taking any chances. It was inspired by Prince's Head:


"You know you're good, girl

I think you like to go down
You wouldn't have stopped
But uh, I came on your wedding gown
And you said:
"I must confess
I wanna get undressed and go to bed"

With that I jammed, you fool
You married me instead"



i would apologize
if i came on your party dress
i will not be sorry
when i come on your wedding dress


No comments:

Post a Comment