Monday, June 7, 2010

Communists in the funhouse

I'm working on a new poem cycle called "neighbors". I found a bunch of random line groups and some of them are very interesting. I guess I wasn't thinking about about these turning into completed poems so I turned out some ballsy writing. Lines like "nothing terrifies me like new love." A lot of talk about women and etc. This will likely be used for "neighbors":

i believe that anything
can be severed
if you try hard enough
i believe that
chaos is nice and
we could all use more of it
why are you looking for water?
why aren't you looking for yourself?
why are you rich?
why am i melting?
your tendencies, my tendencies
i believe that each and every one of us
we are all up to no good.

I'm still writing notes but that gives you an idea of where I'm headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment