Sunday, June 6, 2010

untitled

Here is a poem:


"first poem for T."

this city could be new for us
as if- you never knew elliott bay books at it's old adress or
i never passed out on second and seneca and got picked up by the cops 
the bad things that happened to us here
they built us, they rest in our bones and we'll leave them there
they need not have happened
we can go back to the dog park on bell
and stare at the space needle
as if we're seeing it for the first time
let the sound of rain direct our traffic
let us have new lives 
in our new city
we are born again


That will most likely be the last poem for T. I'm not saying it's completely impossible for a reconnection to happen at some point but at this point I highly doubt it. She decided heroin was important again, and I guess sometimes it is. There may be more poems written about that but I doubt it. We only met once and I can't see me getting much out of our late night phone calls. Anyhow, if you do read this thanks for whatever inspiration you did give me. I'm more excited about poetry, prose and possibilities than I've been in a while and you gave me a few ideas I'm trying to figure out how to implement. Here's hoping you don't kill yourself, you're one of the better poets I've known and the world needs more of that.
I was going to type something I wrote last fall up but I'm not in the mood at the moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment