Monday, June 14, 2010

This is from last summer, I think. I found it in a book of re-writes from last year. I forget where I stole the opening line from but I did steal it.

"happiness is a molotov cocktail thrown at the sun"
i do not think the ending can be right
no ending, and there always is one
fire, concrete, or a simple "go fuck yourself"
nothing ends on time
and rarely the way it should

if you thought you deserved this
you wouldn't be weeping
regardless of our sins
we rarely warm to our comeuppance

so, i will wave my white flag
that's me, standing by the freeway
smoking a cigarette
and yelling at the sky

i will accept whatever ends poorly
with restraint and few tears
i've come to understand
that most of life is failure

still we search for little specks of joy
for times spent in true happiness
are so few and far between
grab what you can and hold on for dear life



Last day of school tomorrow and California on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment