Thursday, June 10, 2010

the girls want to be with the girls

I wrote these this morning on the train. Less about content and more about playing around with style

"also a scar"
i don't know where she came from but i found her in the forest
she came stumbling out
with crazy written all over her face
wearing a loose peach blouse and corduroy jeans
all she wanted was a cigarette
all i wanted was someone to yell at me

i never found out her real name
she only followed me for a while
maybe she went back to where she came from
wherever that might have been
i hope i left an impression, she left one on me
and also a scar, when i tripped while watching her smile

"bad soup"
only excuses
tiptoe us back
to our favorite dooms
i can watch you
you can watch me
and we can screw
and we can shout
and we can drink
and we can damn
i'm pretty almost
as pretty as you
my friends ask me
not to kill me
they must like me
and i like you
almost as much as
you like dope
or i, gin
reality is uncomfortable
and i don't like it
i want to swim grudgingly
and gain perspective
gain ground
push away fault
and grow
until i tire
and you, too
simply, it's surgery
it's rough living
it's barren life
the thrill of agony
how you're taller than i
and only remember my name
when you're high
or drowning
or flat
it's ok
we can go back

No comments:

Post a Comment