Friday, June 18, 2010

'You wanna rock? Why not!"

 Sitting in Portland airport listening to Prince's "good love". One of those amazing tracks he used to shit out seemingly without trying. Mostly unknown except to the faithful. Also: "I could never take the place of your man". Cannot fuck with, almost totally untouchable, by anyone.
I'm yelling at the only piece of prose fiction I've actually finished. It's called "Tonight, I have to leave it". It's mostly a mess. I wrote it to try my hand at prose and it's very apparent that I really need to train myself to write decent prose. Some of the dialog sounds a bit forced ("One day, she’ll grow up and become the proverbial hooker with the heart of gold, but for now she doesn't know any better, and is more than happy w/ scum like me. For now.." Seriously) but a lot of it I like. The Jones character is very real. He's a mix of a lot of people I know but also someone I've only just met. I'm sure we'll see him again.
I'll publish it here when I've cleaned it up as much as I can.

1 comment:

  1. You suck for going down to portland. Whatchadoing there bro

    ReplyDelete